The Road to Finance Internship Credit
- You must be a declared finance major and retained in the upper-level program.
- Prerequisite: Satisfactory completion of the FINA Core (FINA 330, 340, FINA 350), ACCY 306, FINA 395, and consent of department.
- Regardless of the source leading to an internship, our academic advisor must approve it for credit. If the position was not originated by the Finance Department, the employer must submit an "Employer Internship Request" form for the position approval.
- You must submit an "Application for Finance Internship Credit" and a copy of your employment confirmation letter (on company letterhead) to our academic advisor.
- When the department's academic advisor has approved an internship for FINA 458 credit, she will enroll you in the course for three (3) credit hours.
- All forms are available from the department's academic advisor in BH 236.
Internship Credit Requirements
Enrollment in FINA 458, Internship in Finance, means that you will pay tuition and fees for the hours enrolled. Also, the following requirements must be met:
- You will be required to submit a daily log of your activities to our academic advisor every two weeks that you are employed.
- At the end of the internship, students must submit a five to eight page typed paper. The topic will be jointly determined with the department advisor upon enrollment in FINA 458.
- Towards the end of the internship, the student’s immediate supervisor will be sent an evaluation form which they must complete and return to the department’s academic advisor.
Please contact Christy Cunningham, Academic Advisor and Internship Coordinator with additional questions at email@example.com