Student organizations provide valuable opportunities for the development of leadership skills, professional knowledge, and lasting friendships. At least one faculty adviser is assigned to each of the organizations, but student officers are responsible for the staffing and development of the programs for their individual organization.
- The mission of the FMA is to assist finance students in making the transition from students to professionals.
- The objectives of the organization are to ensure that all finance students obtain valuable career information, develop professional insights and attitudes, gain experience in problem solving and decision making,
- The organization's main objective is help members learn about investing through group discussion, presentations, and market simulations.
- Weekly evening meetings center on current event discussions, stock of the week and focused topic analyses, student presentations, and a semester-long portfolio competition.
- The objective of the board is to foster student involvement and participation in administrative affairs and matters impacting student academic programs.
- Student members will be responsible for communicating thoughts, ideas and concerns to the department of finance.
- Students will assist with planning and hosting activities and events, including the annual scholarship luncheon and various community service projects.