- Operations Management & Information Systems
- Certificate Programs
- Certificate of Graduate Study in MIS
Certificate of Graduate Study -
Management Information Systems
The certificate is designed to provide working professionals and non-MIS graduate students with a set of courses focused on the application of information technology. Information technology plays an important role for competitive advantage as a differentiator in many products and services. A certificate in MIS will enhance a student's understanding of the role of information technology and how it must be managed effectively as an organizational resource. Courses used to satisfy the requirements for the certificate may also be applied toward a graduate degree with approval of the major department.
Students interested in the certificate should apply no later than the beginning of their final semester prior to graduation, but they are urged to apply as soon as they begin their course work so the coordinator may advise students regarding course scheduling. Applications are available in the Department of Operations Management and Information Systems.
Certificate Requirements (12 Credit Hours)
Select four of the following courses:
• OMIS 640 Management of Information Systems Technology (3)
• OMIS 643 Enterprise Process Improvement (3)
• OMIS 651 Business Systems Analysis and Design (3)
• OMIS 652 Business Applications of Database Management Systems (3)
• OMIS 660 Business Telecommunications (3)
• OMIS 675 Technologies and Applications of Electronic Business (3)
• OMIS 690 Information Technology Project Management (3)
Students must achieve a minimum "B" in each course applied toward the certificate requirements.
- Apply as a Student-at-Large online.
- Complete OMIS 507, Bus Info Sys, or pass the exemption exam.
- Submit this online application:
Direct any questions regarding this certificate to the Associate Director and Program Advisor, Russ Devereaux or 815-753-6372.