- Operations Management & Information Systems
- Certificate Programs
- Certificate of Undergraduate Study in Information Systems
Certificate of Undergraduate Study -
The Certificate of Undergraduate Study in Information Systems (IS) is designed to provide non-OM&IS students with a set of courses focused on information systems and technology. Organizations depend on information technology to achieve competitive advantage. A certificate in Information Systems will allow student's to understand how the application of information technology can improve business processes.
Students must achieve a minimal grade of C in each course applied toward the certificate, and complete all certificate course work within a period of four calendar years. Successful completion of any three (3) following courses is required for the certificate:
- OMIS 352: Managing Projects in Business (3)*
- OMIS 452: Database Management for Business (3)*
- OMIS 462: Business Systems Analysis, Design, and Development (3)
- OMIS 475: Internet and Web Computing Technologies (3)
- OMIS 478: Supply Chain Systems (3)
Students interested in the certificate should apply no later than the beginning of their final semester prior to graduation, but they are urged to apply as soon as they complete UBUS 310 so that the coordinator may advise students regarding course scheduling.
Applications are available in the Department of Operations Management and Information Systems. Direct any questions regarding this certificate to the Associate Director and Program Advisor, Russ Devereaux or 815-753-6372.