- Operations Management & Information Systems
- Certificate Programs
- Certificate of Undergraduate Study Business Analytics Using SAS Software – SAS Joint Certificate Program
Certificate of Undergraduate Study -
Business Analytics Using SAS Software
(SAS Joint Certificate Program)
This certificate is designed for all majors. It brings together technology, data, and strategic decision making. The certificate prepares students to solve complex business problems by using a combination of quantitative skills, modeling techniques, and SAS software applications for data driven decision making. Business Analytics has been consistently ranked as one of the top 10 hottest technical areas by the ComputerWorld. This is true across every industry and discipline, including: accounting, management, marketing, finance, information systems, operations, health care, engineering, and energy. Nearly all organizations need talented professionals who understand how to manage data and how to gain clarity from it.
SAS is the leader in business analytics application software. SAS analytical talent is in short supply and high demand in today’s business world. This certificate is a SAS Joint Certificate Program approved by SAS Global Academic Program to prepare students to work in a data-rich environment.
Students must maintain good academic standing within the university, achieve a minimum grade of a C in each course applied toward the certificate, and complete all certificate course work within a period of four calendar years. Only courses taken at NIU may be applied toward the certificate. Courses used to satisfy the requirements for the certificate may only be applied toward an undergraduate degree with approval of the major department. Some courses may have prerequisites that are not part of the certificate curriculum.
Students interested in the certificate should apply no later than the beginning of their final semester prior to graduation. Applications are available in the Department of Operations Management and Information Systems.
UBUS 223 – Introduction to Business Statistics (3)
OMIS 324 – Introduction to Business Data Analytic Tools (3)
OMIS 472 – Introduction to Business Intelligence (3)
OMIS 482 – Predictive Business Analytics (3)
For more information, contact the OM&IS Department:
Russ Devereaux – Associate Director and Program Advisor
Barsema Hall 328A – NIU
DeKalb, IL 60115
Department of OM&IS
Degrees & Certificates
- B.S. in Operations and Information Management
- Minor in Business Analytics
- M.S. in Management Information Systems
- Certificate Programs
- SAP TERP10 Workshop
- SAP Student Recognition Award
- Certificate of Graduate Study in Business Analytics (SAP)
- Certificate of Undergraduate Study in Business Analytics (SAP)
- Certificate of Graduate Study in Management Information Systems
- Certificate of Undergraduate Study in Information Systems
- Certificate of Graduate Study in Data Analytics Using SAS Software
- Certificate of Undergraduate Study in Business Analytics Using SAS Software