NIU Business Scholarships
Pat and Aimee Burke appreciate the importance of education and have established this scholarship to help hard working students who need assistance financing their education.
Pat is a graduate of the NIU College of Business where he received his bachelor’s degree in accountancy. He received his MBA from Northwestern University. Aimee is a graduate of the University of Illinois where she received her degree in Speech Communication. She also received her law degree from Northwestern University.
Pat has spent most of his career with HSBC Finance (where he now serves as CEO) and its predecessor company, Household International.
The preferred candidate is:
- A full-time, entering freshman or a full-time transfer student who has been accepted into the NIU College of Business
- Is in good academic standing and has a preferred GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Demonstrate financial need
- Preferred candidate will exhibit leadership experience (e.g., student council, scouts, sports, church, etc.)
- Intentions to participate in College of Business student organizations
- Life experiences which indicate strong leadership skills