Accountancy Internships and Careers
Spring 2019 Hiring Calendar
Spring semester begins
February 8 - March 8
On-campus interviews permitted
Students attending the fair expect that employers have open positions and that employers will be interviewing students in the two-three weeks after the career fair. To arrange for on-campus interviews, contact Carolyn Ramsey, NIU Career Services at 815-753-7170 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
March 10 - 17
NIU Spring Break
Offers must not expire before this date
All employers who register for the Accountancy Career Fair are assumed to adhere to the Job Offer Policy. In essence, this policy requires that all students have at least two weeks to consider a job offer for an internship or a full-time position. All offers extended during the Spring 2019 semester must expire no sooner than March 18, 2019.
Spring semester ends
- Public accounting
- Consulting (mergers/acquisitions, organizations/re-organizations, IPOs)
- Business advising
- Corporations/nonprofit organizations
- Chief financial officer
- Internal audit
- Financial reporting/financial management
- Government agencies
- U.S. Government Accountability Office
- State and local government
- Business consulting/advising
- Springboard for other careers
Our Accountancy Academic Internship Program will give you practical work experience in the field of accounting. Our internships:
- consist of 10 weeks of full-time, accounting-oriented work
- are restricted to upper-division accountancy, M.A.S. and M.S.T. students
- are worth three (3) semester hour credits for qualified students
- require students to write papers and deliver an oral presentation
- are an outstanding introduction to our profession
- offer an opportunity for employers to really scrutinize potential full-time employees
Are you an employer seeking to hire an NIU accountancy student for an internship or full-time position? Can’t wait until the career fair? We have students available!
To find internship or full-time candidates now, post your job opportunity on Huskies Get Hired. Please contact Tamara Phelan or 815-753-6208, director of the Accountancy Internship Program, if you'd like us to email our students about the job opportunity.
Our internship program continues to be strong! For more information about the Academic Internship Program, contact Tamara Phelan.
Accountancy Career Fair
The Accountancy Career Fair will be held February 7, 2019, at the Holmes Student Center. This event is restricted to upper-division Accountancy majors, M.A.S., M.A.C. and M.S.T. students.
Employers: Register today for the Spring 2019 fair.
Resume books will be available for employers on Huskies Get Hired.
Students: Got an Offer?
Contact UsDepartment of Accountancy
740 Garden Road
DeKalb, IL 60115