Master of Accountancy (MAC)
If you have an undergraduate degree in a discipline other than accounting, our Master of Accountancy program is designed for you. This nationally ranked program will prepare you for success in the accounting field and qualify you to sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) examination in Illinois.
- Nationally ranked AACSB-accredited program offered at competitive tuition rates
- Evening courses conveniently held at our NIU Naperville campus
- Two years to degree completion when taking two courses per semester
- Courses taught by nationally-ranked faculty leading to CPA exam eligibility
- Access to recruiters from over 50 firms at our NIU Accountancy Career Fairs
We offer a nationally ranked program for a competitive price - less than the cost of other Illinois graduate accounting programs. Costs presented below are for in-state students.
|Graduate Accountancy Programs||2018-2019 Cost|
|NIU Master of Accountancy (MAC) (36 credit hours)||$29,580|
|University of Illinois at Chicago||$33,504|
|University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (MSA)||$46,925|
To determine individual semester calculations, including calculations for out-of-state costs, use the NIU Planning and Cost Estimator.
General Business CoursesIf you have not completed all of the general business courses, we offer interactive, self-paced, online noncredit courses for $750 per course.
Required Student Information
Please complete the following fields:
Fundamentals of Economics (FINA 500)
Understanding Corporate Finance (FINA 505)
Business Math & Statistics (OMIS 524)
If you prefer, earn college credit by taking the these courses at NIU or a local community college.
Contact UsDepartment of Accountancy
740 Garden Road
DeKalb, IL 60115