Undergraduate Advising and Student Resources
If you’re a freshman or sophomore business major or if you're not yet enrolled in upper-division (300- and 400-level) business courses, our academic advisors look forward to working with you! We’ll guide you in your business studies and provide assistance in the following areas:
- Course selection
- Exploration of majors and minors
- Understanding of college core requirements
- General education requirements
- Community college articulation
- Guidance on policies, procedures and graduation requirements
Once you enroll in upper-division (300- and 400-level) business courses, our departmental advisors will help you with course scheduling, career direction and internships.
- Accountancy advising
- Business administration advising
- Finance advising
- Management advising
- Marketing advising
- Operations Management and Information Systems advising
It’s best to meet with your academic advisor each semester. Although walk-in hours may be available, we encourage you to schedule an appointment. Please remember to bring your degree audit (available through MyNIU) when you meet with your advisor.