College of Business Student Ambassadors
The student ambassador program is designed to support recruitment, retention, and success of undergraduate business students. The student ambassadors will represent the College of Business during special events and will effectively interact with potential and current students, parents, alumni, business executives, faculty and staff. Student ambassadors will provide assistance with College recruiting and retention events, and may also assist with various meetings, luncheons, dinners, ceremonies, social media, and other events hosted by the dean, departments, and college units.
Student ambassadors should be passionate and knowledgeable of the College and demonstrate enthusiasm and compassion in their interaction with College stakeholders.
Membership to the Student Ambassador program is selective. Students must meet membership eligibility requirements, submit a special application, participate in an interview process, and commit to a minimum number of hours of ambassador duties while maintaining good grades. Membership requirements for the student ambassador program include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Declared business major with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Minimum sophomore standing (30 credits)
- Enrolled full-time (12 credits or more)
- Commit to a minimum of 30 hours of ambassador activities each semester. A list of events includes:
- COB Open Houses (November 12, April 19, July 19)
- Admitted Student Days (March 4, 30, April 12)
- Community college ‘Meet & Greet’ events
- Tours of Barsema Hall
- Monthly social media initiatives
- Participate in all mandatory student ambassador meetings
- Participate in assigned ambassador activities as needed
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Appreciation of diversity and an ability to effectively interact with diverse groups
Benefits to students who participate in the Student Ambassador program include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Unique College of Business Student Ambassador apparel
- Monthly training sessions to improve professional and soft skills
- Networking opportunities with executives, alumni, and guests of the College
- Satisfaction of assisting in recruitment and retention of the best students in the College
- Opportunities to get acquainted with many college stakeholders, including successful alumni and business executives, faculty, staff, and students from all majors
- Greater knowledge and familiarity of College history, strategy, operations, programs, and activities
- Exceptional opportunities to improve leadership, professional, organizational, communication, and selling skills
- Excellent resume builder
To become a Student Ambassador, please complete and submit the Student Ambassador Membership Application. Applicants will be contacted via email to schedule a personal interview. Application deadline is November 1, 2018.
Any questions? Please contact Jason Gorham, Director of Business Consulting, Barsema Hall 303, (815) 753-8414.