Rankings and Recognitions
We're one of the nation's best for over 30 years.
And yet we’re even more than a fully AACSB accredited business school with talented individuals, innovative ideas, long-standing national rank and an extensive network of accomplished alumni, students, faculty, and friends. We also care greatly about every student.
- We're among an elite group of business schools worldwide who hold AACSB accreditation at all levels.
- We've achieved continuous AACSB accreditation since 1969.
- AACSB is the most respected and highest credential of excellence worldwide for business and accounting schools.
- Top 15 percent and among nation's best - Poets&Quants (2017)
- "A" grade from alumni - Poets&Quants (2017)
- No. 4 best in Chicago - College Choice (2017)
- Top 15 percent and among nation’s best for nine years - Businessweek (2016)
- Top 15 percent in student satisfaction - Businessweek (2016)
- Among the nation’s best in 2019 and for 32 consecutive years - U.S. News & World Report (2019 ranking)
- Top ranked public business program in Illinois outside of the U of I system - U.S. News & World Report (2018 ranking)
- No. 1 return on investment in Illinois - Businessweek (2013)
- Top three in nation for four consecutive years in business ethics - Businessweek (2013)
- Evening MBA and EMBA rank in tier one of a global MBA survey - CEO Magazine (2018)
- Top 14 percent part-time MBA program and among nation’s best for five years - U.S. News & World Report (2018 ranking)
- Among best one-year MBA programs in Chicago - MetroMBA (2017)
- No. 47 best value nationally for Master of Taxation - Value Colleges (2017)
- No. 10 best Master of Accounting Science (Leadership) program - Online Accounting Degree Programs (2017-2018)
- No. 15 most affordable Master of Accounting Science program - Accounting Degree Review (2017, 2016)
- No. 25 best Master of Accounting Science program - Accounting Degree Review (2017)
- Among top 25 nationally for more than 20 years, undergraduate and graduate level accountancy programs - Public Accounting Reports (2017)
- No. 2 best undergraduate accounting degree program in Illinois - Accounting Degree Review (2017)
- No. 29 best undergraduate accounting degree program - Accounting Degree Review (2017 Super Ranking)
- Top 20 CPA exam pass rate (2010) and among nation’s best for more than 30 years
- No. 23 in information systems - Businessweek (2013)
- No. 24 in sustainability (social entrepreneurship) - Businessweek (2013)
- No. 40 in marketing - Businessweek (2013)
- No. 43 in corporate strategy - Businessweek (2013)
- No. 54 in accounting - Businessweek (2013)
- Continuously among the nation’s best professional sales programs - Sales Education Foundation
- WorldChicago partner (2018)
- 89 percent SAP TERP10 exam pass rate, far exceeding the national pass rate of 65 percent (SAP University Alliances, 2016)
- SAP University Alliances community member since 2011
Contact UsNIU College of Business
740 Garden Road
DeKalb, IL 60115